Telnyx Peering and Interconnection
Telnyx Peering Guidelines
Telnyx is a real-time communications company that delivers a la carte communication services via an e-commerce and API-based experience. The company currently provides telecom to high-volume businesses like call centers and enterprise service providers over a geographically distributed network.
Telnyx operates an Open peering policy. This policy is subject to review based on technical, operational, and legal requirements.
General Peering and Interconnection Requirements
- Telnyx requires peering to be implemented over an Internet Exchange Point (IXP) or private cross connection (XC).
- At each IXP, Telnyx will have two peer addresses for BGP sessions. This design is for redundancy and no routing priority will be given on either peer via configuration. We prefer sessions be established with both peers.
- IXP peering sessions must be implemented across all available exchanges. Example: If we are members of multiple IXPs, then we require sessions to be established on all IXPs.
- Peers must have a public, verifiable ASN
- Prefixes must be maintained in a public IRR
- Prefixes that will be announced must also be seen in the DFZ (Default Free Zone)
- Prefixes must not exceed a /24 in mask size
- Communities will be sent by Telnyx
- An accurate PeeringDB profile must be maintained
- Do not announce a default route toward Telnyx
- Peers may use the AS-TELNYX macro list with RADB for Telnyx prefix lists
- Currently our platform is implemented with IPv4 address space, but we also peer with IPv6 and announce our assigned blocks.
- Please have a support 24x7 NOC contact that includes escalation details for troubleshooting connectivity and traffic issues.
- The Telnyx network team will respond and complete implementation within 48 hours. Once the peering sessions have been established, we will accept and announce prefixes within 24 hours.
- Sessions that have not completed the initial implementation will be torn down within 5 business days.
- Sessions that are seen as down for a period of 5 business days will be torn down unless an ongoing maintenance window has been reported by the peering NOC.
- Telnyx will issue maintenance updates within 48 hours of planned work on our IXP or XC nodes.
Telnyx IXP and XC Points of Presence
Telnyx POPs are available below and at PeeringDB (https://as63440.peeringdb.com)
Public Peering Exchange Points (IXPs)
|Location||Peer IPs||Port Speed|
|Equinix San Jose|
18.104.22.168 22.214.171.124 2001:504:39::83 2001:504:39::84
Private Peering Facilities
|Equinix San Jose||10gb|